Saturday, February 5, 2011

Waking Shadows Release :) (another unfinished story lol)


Gritting my teeth I felt the tug of skin beneath my blade. I watched the blood flow rapidly from the jogger’s neck causing me crave so much more. I wanted to cut here and there saw of a limb or two. I smirked at myself of all the possibilities I could dispose of the body. Blood ran down my arms and I hungrily wrapped them around me wanting nothing more than to bathe in this pathetic man’s blood.  I threw back my head and laughed a sick and twisted laugh as I made cuts along his arteries letting his blood pour into the buckets I laid under his body. His body twitched on the metal bed frame showing the last signs of any life in his body leaving. I turned and looked at the dirty mirror that hung on the wall of the cramped work space and smiled happily at myself. My eyes were blood shot and my small round face was caked in his blood along with several chunks of my thick brown hair.
Sucking in a sharp breath of air I held back a scream. The purple sheets from my bed clung to my body from the cold sweat that drenched me. I quickly rubbed my face and slapped myself to make sure that I was for sure awake. I don’t know why that particular nightmare of me murdering the same guy kept coming back each and every time I went to sleep. At first I was afraid to sleep and I would stay up for days on end until I crashed in the middle of class. I fell out of my chair twitching and flopping around like a fish I guess I freaked the teacher out because everyone thought I was having a seizure and he ran off to fetch the nurse. By the time they returned I was sitting up looking like I just drank a bottle of booze. They called my mom to come and get me and take me to the nearest clinic because they were freaked out that I would do it again. But of course all of the tests came back negative and they prescribed me sleeping pills because they thought I had a massive case of insomnia. All I can say to that is whatever.   
Sighing I climbed out of bed what I needed right now was a nice hot shower to rinse away the nights torture. Stepping under the warm spray I rubbed my hands through my hair trying to contemplate if I should skip school today or not. I only have a few more weeks until I graduate and I have perfect grades plus I hardly skip and I know that Tasha will give me the day’s notes seeing as we made sure we had the same exact classes for our last trimester in school.  Another bonus is that I can fake my mom’s voice and call in saying I’m not going to be at school. Sneering at the tiled wall I knew that today would be perfect to skip because both my mom and dad we’re going to be out on some huge case they’ve been working on and I guess they had some sort of breakthrough.  I wrapped a towel around myself and stepped out when I heard a light knock at the door. Cracking it open I peeked into the hall to see my mom was standing just outside the door.
“Marissa we’re heading out now and I don’t know when we’ll be back I’m assuming later tonight, but if we aren’t back by dinner time go ahead and order some pizza if you don’t feel like cooking. Also you can invite Tasha over if you want so you won’t be all alone all night either. Maybe you two can have a little sleep over or something?”   She tilted her head to the side and flashed me her wide toothed grin.
“Yeah okay mom sounds good to me.” I flashed a small smile back at her. “Be careful today and I hope you guys catch the sick guy that’s killing all these people.” She tilted her head and nodded.
“Why thank you honey and you have a nice time at school. Love you.” She turned and left I think she’s grown accustom to me not ever saying it back.  I pushed the meaningless thoughts aside and clicked the door shut behind me. Blow drying my hair and styling it up I lined my plump lips with some gloss, and rimmed my eyes in dark eyeliner.  After getting dressed for the day I grabbed my cellphone and headed downstairs just to make sure they really left. Satisfied they were gone I called up the school.
“Bingham Senior High School this is Edna.” Edna nasally voiced into my ear.
“Hello Edna this is Mrs. Jenkins my daughter Marissa is ill with the flu and won’t be coming into school today.” I cleared my throat as I twirled a chunk of my hair around my finger.
“Very well thank you for calling and letting us know we’ll clear her for the day.”  I could hear her typing rapidly at her keyboard and smacking her gum. “Have a nice day Mrs. Jenkins.”
“You too Edna.” I hit the end button eager to get out of the house. I grabbed my car keys and bolted out the door to find that a light drizzle of rain hit my face. “You have got to be freaking kidding me.” As if in response the wind picked up and whipped my hair into my face. “Yeah sure just go right on a ahead and try to make my day bad. That’s SO not going to happen.” I yelled at the wind as I climbed into my small car. Turning the engine over and over again it refused to start. “Go figure just my luck that everything has to go wrong the day I skip school. Maybe it’s karma.” I mumble under my breath as I smack my head onto the steering wheel.
Chewing on the inside of my lip I head back inside. “I guess I’ll stay in today. Maybe watch a movie or something.” I dug through our stash of DVD’s and decided on some sappy love story called Desires of the Soul.  I put the disk in and walked into the kitchen to whip up some popcorn. I can never watch a movie without some sort of munchies and drink so I grabbed a can of soda as the popcorn popped. Hearing the beginning of the movie the microwave binged I grabbed it and plopped my butt down on our white sofa. Though the next thing I knew I woke up to my phone blaring Higher by Taio Cruz. Puzzled I shook my hand out of the popcorn bowel and grabbed for my phone.
“Hello.” I mumbled into the phone as I wiped the sleep from my eyes.
“Marissa why weren’t you in class today?” An urgent but calm voice said on the opposite end that I could only assume was from my best friend Tasha. 
“Tasha aren’t you a lovely checker upper?” I was quite annoyed that I was interrupted from the nap I don’t remember taking, but it was nice having some sleep without that horrid nightmare.
“Well how come?” Just  as I was about to answer her when I heard a hard knock on the door.
“Look Tasha I can’t talk about that right now someone’s at the door. I’ll call you back later okay.” I cracked my neck as I stood up waiting for her to respond.
“Whatever.” After that all I heard was the dial tone so I knew she was pissed at me. Hanging up the phone I answered the door and placed a hand on my hip, but the instant I saw that a tall and very good looking police officer was standing in my door way my heart immediately dropped.
“Are you Marissa Jenkins?”  He raised his eyebrow at the question making his lucid green eyes shimmer. I gulped and shook my head yes. “Marissa I’m afraid I have some bad news for you. Your parents were killed in a shootout earlier today.” I just sat there and stared at him to afraid to move and to afraid to speak because I knew if I did I would fall apart right then and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment